Luke Plant’s home page
Find me on:
These are the main Open Source software teams I've been involved in:
- Core developer: Django (Python)
- Maintainer: django-paypal (Python)
- Team member: Sylpheed-Claws (C, GTK+) - I'm no longer active on this.
...and these are some other Open Source projects I've authored mainly by myself:
- django-easyfilters (Django, Python)
- playerdo (Python)
- django-anonymizer (Django, Python)
- Kio-Sword (C++, KDE. Defunct)
- CodeExporter (VBA)
- VBA Modules (VBA)
- signupto (Python. Defunct)
- MetaTracker plugin for Trac (Python. Defunct)
- django-output-validator (Django, Python. Defunct)
I do freelance web development work, almost always using Python (and normally Django). If you are interested in hiring me and want to see examples of my work, you can have a look at these commercial projects for clients I've been involved in:
I'm currently the main developer on this e-commerce site, and have done a lot of work on it, including implementing the current responsive design, as well as a lot of backend work.
This is a very small django-cms site. The plugins for uploading media files proved quite useful in this case.
You can also look at the software projects listed above and the websites below, all of which are volunteer projects (note that some of these are very old!). My contributions to open source projects can be found mainly on GitHub and BitBucket.
Please also see my development standards.
Friends and family should be warned that it is almost entirely geeky and technical, with only occasional articles on Christian things.
Some of the websites I have created and run (in my spare time)
- LearnScripture.net - social bible memorisation website. Created using Django.
- Christian Camps in Wales - created using Django. (Source code)
- Christ Church, Bradford - my church website, uses Django and django-cms. (Source code)
- Bradford Keswick - a site made using django-fiber. Very small currently but will expand.
Older sites, archived here:
- lukeandheidi.com - my wedding web site.
- z squared plus c - old fractal gallery. See also my newer fractals page.
- www.life2002.org.uk - simple site for a Cambridge Christian Union mission week
Creating fractal images is a hobby of mine, you can download some images and find more info here.
Find my GnuPG/PGP public key here. A public key can be used to send me an encrypted e-mail that only I can read, or to verify that a digitally signed e-mail or document actually came from me.